AUSTIN DENTIST | TEJAS PATEL, DDS
Many people have crooked teeth, and there are plenty of options for straightening crooked teeth. Our team will recommend the best way correct your crooked teeth by carefully considering the severity of your case, the number and location of the impacted teeth, and your own personal oral health goals.
Serving Downtown Austin, Lakeway, and the surrounding areas.
SAME-DAY, NEXT DAY & EMERGENCY APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE
MORE ABOUT CROOKED TEETH
Our dentists at Austin Cosmetic Dentistry are devoted to giving you the high-quality personalized care that you deserve, and we will discuss with you all of your options to ensure that you are able to make the best, most informed decision about your oral health care.
It is important to fix crooked or misaligned teeth because it can make your teeth more difficult to clean, often making you more susceptible to periodontal disease and tooth decay. Crooked teeth can also cause pain when chewing because of the extra and uneven pressure, and crooked teeth can even cause muscle strain leaving you susceptible to injury because of the lack of support for your jaw. Your dentist will be able to determine the severity of your case and develop a personalized treatment plan that will help you straighten your teeth, experience relief from any side effects, and ensure your long-term oral health.
TREATMENTS FOR CROOKED TEETH
- Braces will move your teeth to the desired location. Your orthodontist will discuss your options with you in depth and recommend the type of braces that will work best for you.
- Invisalign is a set of clear removable aligners that work well for mind to moderate cases.
- Retainers work well for moderate cases. They will also be used after orthodontic treatment to ensure that your teeth do not move back to their previous, crooked position.
- The filing down of some enamel to either decrease the size of your tooth or to reshape it.
- Porcelain veneers will alter the appearance of slightly crooked teeth to make them appear straight. They will not, however, change the underlying structure and should only be used in mild cases.
- Surgery will only be suggested in severe cases if the size of your jaw is the issue or if your crooked teeth is a result of severe overcrowding.
GET IN TOUCH
DOWNTOWN AUSTIN DENTIST
If you have crooked teeth, don’t wait any longer to get the smile you’ve always dreamed of. Call our office today for your appointment!
Our Austin TX dental office handles all types of common dental issues.