A smile makeover can dramatically improve one’s appearance. Having a straight, beautiful smile can make a person look younger and healthier, and consequently provide a real boost in your self-confidence.
During your complimentary cosmetic consultation, Dr. Tejas Patel of Austin Cosmetic Dentistry will work closely with you to determine if this treatment option is the right choice for you. Since tooth enamel must be removed in order to apply them to your tooth, this process cannot be reversed. Veneers can be a great option for some patients. However, we may recommend other options if you clench or grind your teeth because it can cause them to chip and break.
Dr. Tejas Patel, DDS may also recommend other options if your teeth are currently unhealthy. Our team will remove all plaque and tartar prior to the application of your new veneers. If you have tooth decay or gum disease, our team may either treat these issues or recommend a different solution entirely
What veneers help:
- Misshapen, misaligned, and uneven teeth
- Discolored teeth that can’t be whitened
- Worn down teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Gummy smile or uneven gumline
- Missing teeth
- Old sliver fillings
What are veneers made of:
They are made of either a composite resin or porcelain. Our Austin dental practice will assess the desired changes you wish to make with your teeth to determine the best type of treatment for you.
- Don’t stain as easily
- Natural-looking surface
- Less enamel loss than with bonding or crowns
Composite Resin Veneers
- Made from a filling material that is bonded to your tooth
- Less enamel removal than porcelain veneers or crowns
- Costs less than porcelain treatments
- While they’re not as strong as porcelain, composite resin can be easily fixed