AUSTIN DENTIST | TEJAS PATEL, DDS
Halitosis, or chronic bad breath, is something many people suffer from. Generally originating from the gums or tongue, bad breath is caused by bacteria, decaying food, and other debris that is left in the mouth.
Serving Austin, Lakeway, and the surrounding areas.
SAME-DAY, NEXT DAY & EMERGENCY APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE
CAUSES OF HALITOSIS
MORE ABOUT HALITOSIS
Our downtown Austin TX dentists at Austin Cosmetic Dentistry are experienced in diagnosing and treating halitosis and the dental issues that cause it. We understand how uncomfortable it can be to suffer from bad breath, and we are committed to putting your oral health first so that you can live your best life.
Causes of Halitosis Explained
- Infections – Infections that cause post-nasal drip may be a cause of chronic bad breath because the bacteria feed on the mucus that is produced when you are sick.
- Chronic Conditions – Diabetes and conditions like kidney, liver, or gastrointestinal issues can cause bad breath.
- Dry Mouth – Saliva helps remove and break down food particles in your mouth, and if your body isn’t producing enough, it can cause cavities, infections, and halitosis.
- Dental Infections – Cavities and gum disease can cause halitosis because of the extra bacteria in your mouth that is difficult to remove.
- Tobacco – Smoking leaves odors in your mouth, but it can also cause dry mouth. Tobacco users are also more likely to develop gum disease.
If you are experiencing chronic bad breath, our Austin dentists at Austin Cosmetic Dentistry can help figure out the root cause. By either confirming or eliminating dental infections as the cause of your halitosis, your dentist will work closely with you to develop a comprehensive personalized treatment plan aimed treating the cause of your bad breath.
If your bad breath is caused by a dental issue like cavities or gum disease, our dentists will be able to treat those underlying issues. Your oral health is our top priority. We will work closely with you to ensure that all of your dental goals are being met and that you receive the high-quality personalized care that you deserve.
GET IN TOUCH
If you are suffering from chronic bad breath, don’t wait to get help. Call our office today to schedule your appointment!
Our downtown Austin dental office handles all types of common dental issues.