Wisdom tooth removal cost can vary depending on each patient’s specific needs. That’s why when you’re researching, you’ll probably find a range of prices, but a tooth that is easy to remove can cost as little as $75.
Austin Cosmetic Dentistry offers a number of ways to keep wisdom teeth removal cost as low as possible.
Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom teeth are the third set of molars that pop up in the back corners of the mouth long after adult teeth come in. Because these teeth arrive last, they can cause problems because they often come in:
- Misaligned—If this happens, the gums between the last tooth and the incoming wisdom tooth can become pinched, causing pain.
- At an angle—In this case, the wisdom tooth can hit the other teeth in the back of the mouth, which can cause permanent damage.
- Partially—This will leave an open hole in your child’s mouth that can often cause bacterial infections.
The cost of wisdom tooth surgery is impacted by how the tooth grows in and at one point it is removed.
Typical Cost Ranges for Wisdom Teeth Removal
The cost of the surgery depends on how complex the tooth removal is.
- A simple removal can cost $75–$200 per tooth.
- An impacted tooth can cost $225–$600 per tooth.
- Removing all 4 wisdom teeth at once can save costs.
Be sure to talk to Dr. Patel about the procedure process. Dental insurance will often cover a portion of these costs, usually when the surgery is medically necessary. And, because wisdom teeth can cause such pain and damage to existing teeth, the removal is often required.
More about Wisdom Teeth
Even with all of this information, the only way to know for sure what your wisdom tooth removal cost will be is to visit our practice.
At Austin Cosmetic Dentistry, we have a team of dental specialists that can tell if you or your child will need to have their wisdom teeth removed and what it will cost. We are located in downtown Austin for your convenience.